Once the contacts of potential customers have been acquired, data management takes place because, whether they are few or many, they must be stored and managed in the right way so that they do not become a tangle and garbage quickly. If you were to come into possession or create a list of potential customers, whether they are 500, 2,000 or more, you need to be able to archive them in the correct way so that you can search and filter as needed and also you need to know which of these have been contacted and which no. What would happen if an additional salesperson arrived in the company? Would he be able to continue the work done up to now or should he waste time to recreate a list of contacts that would then most likely turn out to be something that has already been worked on in the past without knowing the past?
For this work there are systems for managing data called CRM (Customer Relationship Management) in which you can upload contacts massively and as you deepen the information on certain customers, the respective cards are updated. This system has no accounting or administrative purpose as it only manages the contact acquisition, the negotiation phase and potential sales in progress. The CRM can be integrated with the management software of companies with which orders are loaded and invoices are issued making sure that once a quotation has been confirmed, the data of the client company and the products / services sold are transmitted automatically, facilitating the work of the back office and administration.
Solutions of this kind exist of different types both online and offline and both free and paid. Those who are familiar with Excel can create an ad hoc one, but keep in mind that based on how many formulas are used and how much data must be managed, the file can be very slow. To overcome the structural problems of Excel, it is possible to rely on platforms that, up to a certain number of contacts, are free and some of these are: Bitrix24, HubSpot and Zoho. For those wishing to have a more professional management that is able to manage countless contacts, a large catalog of products and services and a large group of sales people, can evaluate SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM in Cloud by Team System.
The whole company as well as the commercial department and in particular the marketing department benefits from a CRM because it is able to manage and archive the contacts acquired from the company website through the landing pages or by subscribing to newsletters or from the contact form and then it can integrate and better manage the sending of email marketing.
If you think of a company where there are several departments and each of these has to manage part of the sales or service process, through the CRM each of the colleagues is aware of the customer’s current situation without having to consult several colleagues and waste precious time.
Online CRMs allow the sales team to update the progress of negotiations and the creation of quotes and orders wherever they are.
A structured CRM allows multiple integrations with other software that can make the work in the company more dynamic. Some of these integrations are:
- with the software for sending emails Outlook, Tunderbird and others, thus having the confirmations of the reading of the email and archiving of the received emails directly in the client card;
- with the mobile phone, being able to manage phone calls and keep the log of these calls with the possibility of adding a note in order to keep track of what has been discussed;
- with the VoIP lines, giving the possibility to see who is calling the company and, if necessary, to automatically extract crucial information: accounts pending, assistance in progress, etc .;
- with the website to automatically add website contacts or even just to keep the map / customer list updated;
- with the management software, to upload orders and new customer records;
- with the LinkedIn social network to get more information on the person who is contacted or who has contacted the company.
CRM is a fundamental tool for the correct management of customer and potential customer information in the company. Those who have never used it can request a trial period to verify its potential.